- We can do no great things, only small things with great love.
- · In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.
There are no great things, only small things with great love. Happy are those.
- · I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.
- · Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength.
· If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- · Peace begins with a smile.
- · Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
- · I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness.
- · If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
- · Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- · If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- · Abortion is murder in the womb…A child is a gift of God. If you do not want him, give him to me.
- · At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by ‘I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.’ Hungry not only for bread – but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing – but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks – but homeless because of rejection.
- · Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- · Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat . . . We must find each other.
- · God will find another person, more humble, more devoted, more obedient to him, and the society will go on.
- · Humility is the mother of all virtues; purity, charity and obedience. It is in being humble that our love becomes real, devoted and ardent. If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are. If you are blamed you will not be discouraged. If they call you a saint you will not put yourself on a pedestal.
- · I choose the poverty of our poor people. But I am grateful to receive (the Nobel) in the name of the hungry, the naked, the homeless, of the crippled, of the blind, of the lepers, of all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared-for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone.
- · I have never been in a war before, but I have seen famine and death. I was asking (myself), ‘What do they feel when they do this?’ I don’t understand it. They are all children of God. Why do they do it? I don’t understand.Beirut 1982, during fighting between the Israeli army and Palestinian guerrillas.